Mmmmm...tastes like..Blogging...

This blog is in the middle of a restructuring, and a focusing. Will it be about my baking projects?? Will it be about my life as a student? Who knows??

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The things that we do right (which I mostly credit to him):

1) We do our VERY best to see things from the other's perspective

2) We play.  We wrestle, laugh, tickle, tease, joke and generally find each other genuinely amusing

3) We LOVE doing things for each other.  I cook him nice dinners or breakfast in the morning or surprise pie.  He does little things to make me more comfortable like finding me a computer game I like, or setting me up a home office.

4) We make small commitments to each other (mostly at his behest).  We've committed to kissing each other good night, every night.  We've committed to getting out of the house at least once a week.  We've committed to keeping our bedroom and living areas live-ably clean.

5) We're completely deluded about how great each other is (mostly, I feel like he's deluded about how great I am).  I think that I have the man that every woman would kill to have.  And he seems to think that, despite my craziness and flaws, I'm his dream girl.

6) We give each other verbal affirmation every day.  He reminds me daily that he not only loves me, but likes me.  That he thinks I'm pretty.  I tell him as often as I think it that I think he's extremely attractive.  That he's the best man I could hope for.

7) We're not afraid to plan for the future.  We talk about going to Disney World together.  We talk about what our wedding will be like, or our kids, or what we'll be like when we're old.  And the thing is, most of it is initiated by him.

8) Our lives are open books.  He knows my passwords, I know his.  We work hard to foster trust.  (Despite some bumps in the road on my part).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Courtney said...

So awesome - all of these things are really important, even though they're not always easy. Good for you guys!!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home